Tuesday, April 17, 2007

School Shootings

Blacksburg, VA to Charlottesville, VA is about a 2 hour drive. I called Amy yesterday. I wanted to hear her voice. Apollo is out of town and the shootings were just too close to UVA. I didn't attend UVA, but Amy did. 1994 was her Sophomore/Junior year. It is scary.
This week is the 8th anniversary of Columbine. I look at my children, so innocent, and I want to keep them sheltered.

Yesterday I felt very free. I felt the closest to being Molly than I have in a while. Apollo doesn't stifle me or hold me down. He will appreciate the time I spent in my studio. He may even approve of some of the friendships I am cultivating on the internet. There is a naughty but nice feeling, however, knowing how I spent yesterday morning! I feel very unrestrained.

Today my prayers are for the families of the victims of VA Tech. May God Bless them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your visit Molly, and for your lovely comment.

My thoughts too are with the families and victims of this terrible tragedy.

Chuck said...

Were you a bad girl yesterday morning?

Molly said...

Winters, yes. It is such a tragedy. Thank you for the return visit.

Chuck, I suppose it depends on what you consider bad.

Chuck said...

If it felt really good then you were probably doing a bad thing :)

DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Cool blog Molly. When are you going to post some of the recent photos you've taken?

Bugwit said...

Thanks for posting this, Molly. I have a post on the same subject at my place. These mass shootings are really starting to get to me. Peace.

Jessica said...

Thanks for posting this today...we all need to be reminded of how lucky we all are.

And thanks for being a good mom.

Molly said...

Chuck, not bad really. Good bad.

motor city monk, thank you. As for posting the pics, well, I will need Apollo's go ahead first. We will see.

bugwit, did you? I will go and look right away!

jessica, thank you for the good mom comment. It is such a hard job.